KDE SC 4: The good, the bad, and the broken

Dennis dennismail at gmx.net
Wed May 26 08:48:14 BST 2010

Hi all,

> It seems that few people realise that Desktop was simply a directory under ~/,
> despite the fact that they must have seen it as such within Konqueror file
> manager.   KDE 3 displayed that directory's contents by default.  KDE 4 began
> to treat it correctly, as a directory.

Ah, this is a point I´ve never seen as such, too, I truly admit. I think this would make clear the technology behind it to many people.

So, to take it back to the subject of this thread - the presentation, could this point possibly be integrated? I think the goal of the presentation may also be to make people move to KDE SC 4, despite all the negative opinions that can be found al around the net. Or did I misunderstand the idea behind the presentation? (Let me add that I´m a person that always tries to explain such things in simple words, so that everybody may think "oh wow, this is true, let´s use this").

Greets,
Michael