KDE SC 4: The good, the bad, and the broken

Dennis dennismail at gmx.net
Tue May 25 09:05:14 BST 2010

Hi Anne,

> You have been able to have links to applications on the desktop for ages - I
> think 4.2 brought that.  You should set your desktop type (right-click on the
> desktop, Desktop Activity Settings - or similar, since not all distros use the
> same wording) to Folderview, after which most behaviour is the same as KDE
> 3.5.

Thanks for this info - I will try this as soon as I can (right now, no KDE 4 system under my hands). Although this shows clearly one question that will certainly come up: "If there is a possibility to switch back to old behaviour, why is then introduced the new one?". Yep, this is a question with many aspects, but think of it from the following point of view: I want to explain people that switching to KDE SC 4 is a good thing, so I should be able to explain the benefits of the new technology.

Greets,
Michael