PPPOE tool

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun May 23 20:17:13 BST 2010

On 05/21/10 19:35, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> HI,
> I use the latest version of kde on archlinux. I use pppoe-start in
> konsole to connect via pppoe mode. Is there and kde tool to do that??
> Like in ubuntu(gnome) i right clicked on network on upper panel to
> configure and connect via pppoe. Is there any way to do that same in
> kde?

AFAIK, there is nothing in KDE-4 although you can use NetworkManager and
the GNOME applet for it which is compatible with KDE.

My Ethernet connected DSL modem is simply connected at boot by the
startup scripts using DHCP (client).

How to do this is distro dependent.

Prior to getting the connect at boot working, I would open a VT, log in
as root and execute:

	dhclient eth0

--
James Tyrer