How to control your dad via the net?

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Thu May 20 13:51:23 BST 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 13:28:58 Duncan wrote:

Hi Duncan,

> I run Gentoo as well, and would do likewise (including the they don't
> get root part, tho my dad is computer literate enough to at least
> normally know the apps he's running,

Cause my dad isn't that literate with computers, he accepts that I have
the last word on that topic. ;-)

> and between him and my sister, they stay pretty well malware free) if
> I were close enough to my folks for long enough to convince them to
> run Linux and to do the initial setup for them.  But they're several
> states away, and they normally visit me (they're retired and can
> travel), not the other way around, so I don't really get the
> opportunity for that initial convincing and setup.

If you are ever going to visit them at home, install some nice virus on
their machine which activates as soon as you are back home.  When they
call you, say: "Hm, if that was Linux I could help you, but with
Windows..." ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo