networking & wifi disabled/fails after close laptop & system hang. KU 10.4 jor

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 4 07:38:50 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-05-04, giovanni_re wrote:
> 2 Problems:
> 1) Close laptop (Power management system?) locks up, causing disabled
> networking on reboot.
> 2) When reboot: Unable to reenable wifi networking.
>
> I got no replies on the KUbuntu & Ubuntu mailing lists. I thought I'd
> ask here on the KDE lists, because perhaps people who know about the KDE
> interface to the network management system, or power management, or any
> other KDE stuff, might have some insight.
>
> Can you think of some likely problems?  Heard of any problems like, or
> related to this?  Troubleshooting suggestions?  Thanks :)

It could be something I have seen as well.

NetworkManager seem to have been extented to understand suspend/resume cycles
but sometimes gets it wrong and doesn't get the resume.

In such cases you can try to explicitly tell to "wake" like this:

qdbus --system org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring