KMail: What's the "Thread Leader" thread aggregation setting?

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Wed Mar 31 20:47:37 BST 2010

Hi all,

I'm using KMail from KDE 4.4.2.  Today I've tried to modify the
thread aggregation scheme a bit:

  Settings > Configure KMail... > Appearance > Message List >
  Default Aggregation > Configure... > Groups & Threading

There's an option "Thread leader" with possible values "Topmost
Message", and "Most Recent Message".

I've toggled between both values quite some times, but I cannot figure
out what the difference should be.  The documentation doesn't explain
it, too.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Bye,
Tassilo