Defaults for the KDE 4.4 printer dialog

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Tue Mar 30 18:48:21 BST 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 19:39:48 Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Anne,

> > The present situation is that you set your defaults in CUPS, via
> > localhost:631.  In the printer dialog you change things as you want
> > them for a one-off print.
>
> Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Ok, I cannot set my default printer using the CUPS interface, because at
work I connect to the CUPS server of my university, and there I don't
have the right permissions.

I tried the [set as default] button in the printer listing.  Or is there
another default setting, which tells my locally running cupsd to use
some remote printer as default without trying to do any modifications on
the remote side?

Bye,
Tassilo