K-Mail display issue [Solved]

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 20:42:04 BST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 29 March 2010 16:14:43 James Kerr wrote:

>> > I confess that I was a little surprised - Mandriva are not usually
>> >
>> >  so very different.  Before I change the entry again, can you
>> >  please just check for me - is the path that Philip gave me an
>> >  alternative path, or actually wrong?
>>
>> It seems to me that Philip is attempting (somewhat unsuccessfully) to
>> expand on the generic instructions.
>>
>> On a Mandriva system, there is no menu entry or icon called "System
>> Settings" and so the path begins with  "Configure Your Desktop".
>>
>> "Look & Feel"  is the heading for the group of items that includes
>> "Appearance". It may be useful to include this step in the generic
>> instructions, for those people using the "Classic tree view". In that
>> view, "Appearance" is only visible when the Look & Feel group is
>> expanded. (Mandriva uses the icon view as default.)
>>
>> I think that by "Colour Set > Selection" he means that a selection
>> needs to be made from the drop-down list in the line captioned "Colour
>> set:". "Common Colours" (the initial selection displayed) is clearly
>> wrong, since that is the only option that does not include an
>> "Alternate Background" setting.
>>
>> It's possible that some people may need more verbose instructions than
>> the generic instructions provide. I don't know. It's difficult to put
>> oneself in the position of a neophyte.
>>
>> There is no doubt that the only Mandriva specific comment that is
>> needed is one relating to the name of the menu entry (and panel icon).
>> Whether or not the generic instructions need to be expanded would
>> depend on how many people have had difficulty following them.
>>
> OK - I'll try to borrow a Mandriva box on Wednesday (no chance for tomorrow).
> I think it will be much easier for me to decide exactly what needs to be said
> if I follow it through, step by step.  Thanks for replying.
>
> Anne

This is what makes VirtualBox so handy. I test different distros this
all the time. PCLinuxOS is nearly identical to Mandriva and the
description given above is identical in PCLinuxOS because it uses all
or most of the drake automation built in Mandriva.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become