managing konqueror boomarks

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 18:47:38 GMT 2010

xPol posted on Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:11:31 +0100 as excerpted:

> Any suggestions to manage konqueror bookmarks through external
> applications?
> Konqueror bookmarks editor is totally inefficient; i cannot copy and
> paste subdirectories, preserving the relevant subdirectory as container.

Have you checked for and filed if it doesn't exist, a bug on that?

The bookmarks file is $KDEHOME/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml (where
$KDEHOME is ~/.kde if unset, as shipped, tho some distributions make it
~/.kde4 or the like).  To my in-expert eye at least, it looks to be a
pretty standard xml file.  Thus, it should be (sort of) editable in a
standard text editor, and more editable in an editor designed for xml
editing.

I'm guessing that any generic bookmarks xml file editor, likely including
the mozilla bookmark editors (well, unless firefox and seamonkey are all
database based now, they /used/ to be a normal xml file) should handle it
quite well.

Similarly, as the format's reasonably standard, there should be quite a
number of import/export apps for it, least-wise for the various syncing
and online bookmarking sites.