GSoC 2010 - Project Ideas Related to Semantics

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 09:06:13 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:00, Sajith Vimukthi <sajith.vim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was a participant at GSoC 2009 and I am looking forward to take part
> in GSoC 2010 as well. These days I am working on my final year project at
> the Department of Computer Science and Engineering University of Moratuwa
> Sri Lanka. This project is my own idea and it solves one of the biggest
> problems in Semantics which is related to Metadata Extraction.
> Indeed Semantics has been one of those fascinating areas of interest to me.
> You can find more information on my final year project
> on http://xemantica.co.nr/ . I have heard that there are some project ideas
> related to Semantics in KDE. I would like to know these ideas and work on
> one of them for GSoC 2010.
> Thanks in advance.

Hi :)

http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas has KDE's ideas for GSoC 2010
but you can also take part with your own ideas (provided you get
accepted). Have a  look at that page and then get in touch with the
Nepomuk team.
If you have more questions about summer of code in general for KDE
please ask them at kde-soc at kde.org and if you have questions specific
to the subproject you want to work with please ask on their specific
mailing list.

Good luck!

Cheers
Lydia