In which version does a bugfix go?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Mar 6 20:46:34 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 21:00, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I tell into which version of KDE a particular bug was fixed? I
> am unfamiliar with SVN but if there is a way that I can figure this
> out without getting a degree in CS I'd love to know. Note that I am
> not asking about any one specific bug, rather, this is a general
> question that would apply to any arbitrary bug that I am triaging at
> the time. Thanks.

That's quite simple: the version is updated in a bug report if it has
not been fixed in the previous one, so the version in which it is
fixed is the next higher to the version in the bug header.
Example: if a bug header says 4.4.0, the bug has been last reported in
the version 4.4.0, if it is marked as fixed this fix should appear in
4.4.1.

Of course for those compiling from SVN it is fixed in their next
update, for those using a distribution in will be in the next version
shipped by the distribution.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org