In which version does a bugfix go?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 03:24:57 GMT 2010

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> How can I tell into which version of KDE a particular bug was fixed? I
> am unfamiliar with SVN but if there is a way that I can figure this
> out without getting a degree in CS I'd love to know. Note that I am
> not asking about any one specific bug, rather, this is a general
> question that would apply to any arbitrary bug that I am triaging at
> the time. Thanks.

If you can find the SVN revision number for the commit that fixed the
bug, you can consult the list of TAGS:

http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/

which will give you the correspondence between releases and revision
numbers.  With that, you can determine which releases the commit
occurred between.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch