little icons & task bars

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 05:31:09 GMT 2010

Anoop posted on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:19:40 +0530 as excerpted:

> Hi Bob,
>
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:08 AM,  <rnr at sanctum.com> wrote:
>> Hello KDE people
>>
>> Running 4.4
>>
>> I am sight impaired and as a result I have to search out the best
>> fonts, sizes, contrasts, etc. Two of the things I have not been able to
>> solve:
>>
>> On the very top Kwin bar that describes the application you have open,
>> the icons for closing,maximizing, and minimizing are really teeny and I
>> cannot see them. They are probably imbedded because I can find no way
>> to change their size. Any help here or guidance would be appreciated.

> System Settings -> Appearance -> Windows -> Window Decoration -> General
> Change the button size.

Note that this depends on the window decoration style chosen.  The default
Oxygen decoration has a button size drop-down selector, but many of the
others do not.

The general button size, as well as the height of the titlebar, should
also be related to the size of the chosen title font (also under
appearance, fonts, window title).  Bigger (taller) font, taller title
bar.  Taller title bar, bigger buttons.  However, that changes the size of
the buttons but not necessarily the icons within them, again, depending on
chosen window decoration.  Plastik appears to actuall have text based
button "icons", so it sizes with the font, Oxygen has the previously
mentioned icon size selector, the others don't appear to be changeable, at
least by quick look.

>> Second, the size of the scroll bar and the arrows in it. Can't find a
>> way to change them either. Used to be able to do that in 3.5. As
>> stated, any and all help would be appreciated.

> Sorry, I don't know this.

Again under appearance, this time under style, applications tab.  As with
the title bar icon config, this depends on the style chosen, only the
default Oxygen widget style seems to have this much detail config (many
don't enable the config button at all), but with it, clicking on the
configure button brings up a multi-tabbed dialog with a scrollbar tab.
This tab has a width slider, which controls scrollbar width, but the
little single-line buttons at the top and bottom don't seem to be affected.