changing identities in Kmail

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Mar 2 01:26:34 GMT 2010

Rick Miles posted on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:18:01 +1100 as excerpted:

> How are identities changed in kmail? In kde4.3.4 and previous I had a
> selection when I hit something alongside the From: bar. In my kde4.4 the
> is no way tpo change between identities visible.

In the composer window, just under the toolbar, the top drop-down box
should be for identity.  That'll let you choose between the ones you
have.  To the right is a sticky checkbox, that (I think) sets the default
for whatever folder you're in.

To setup or change the identities themselves, see the identities tab of
configure kmail.  You can set the global default identity there as well.

You can also set the per-folder default identity in folder properties.