firefox/open office integration with KDE

Peter Lewis lewisp at avex.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 22:28:08 BST 2010

On Saturday 12 Jun 2010 Nikos Chantziaras sent:

> No, it doesn't.  The colors are all wrong; they don't follow the color
> theme I'm using in KDE.
>
> On 06/12/2010 10:17 PM, michael at klemmffm.de wrote:
> > http://kde-
> > look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen+KDE+%28Firefox+Theme%29?content=117962
> >
> > looks very similar to oxygen

> >> I looked at it, and Firefox doesn't look anything like a KDE app.
> >> Buttons, menus, input-fields, and other widgets don't look right.
> >> Neither do they follow my current Qt style, if I change it.
> >>
> >> So unless I'm seeing a different openSUSE 11.2 than everyone else, where
> >> is this "integration"?  Unless of course having a KDE file dialog counts
> >> as "very well integrated" these days.
> >>
> >> /rant off.

I can only say what I find. Firefox main window has all the appearance of
being KDE styled and when I open a File->Open File dialogue and put it
alongside the KWrite file open dialogue, they look and behave the same. All
the Places that I have defined within KDE are available on the Firefox
dialogue in the same place and with the same icons.

I am sorry if you find different and I am at a loss to explain it.

--

All the best,
Peter Lewis