Fwd: Re: Chromium and KDE

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:15:41 BST 2010

On Monday 07 June 2010 22:08:45 Duncan wrote:
> Anne Wilson posted on Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:54:05 +0100 as excerpted:
> > I think our major problem [with chromium and probably chrome as well,
> > on KDE] is that few of our developers themselves use KDE, so we
> > sometimes learn about problems too late, after we've already shipped
> > a broken version to users.
>
> Hmm... as a non-chromium user I hadn't thought of that, but now that I do
> and based on the various "client-side window-management" issues, etc, I've
> seen in kde-planet/kwin blogs, it occurs to me that yes, it's likely that
> chromium does have more than its share of bugs for kde users.
>
> Now I have a reason, other than the not insignificant fact that I think
> google already touches enough of my life, to continue to avoid installing
> it.

Your decision, entirely.  I can only say that I've been using it for some
time, open most of every day, with 20+ tabs open.  It's extremely stable, and
saves my status perfectly every time I close it.  If something else crashes
the system it restores tabs perfectly too.

Nothing is bug-free, but this comes as close as anything I've used.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group