[KMail] Open a mail by its Message-id from cmd line

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jul 26 20:29:33 BST 2010

On Monday, 2010-07-26, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to open some mail on some IMAP server by its Message-id
> from them command line?
>
> I have the IMAP folder name and the Message-id, and of course the
> corresponding IMAP account is configured in KMail and the group is
> subscribed.
>
> KMail's --view option somehow looks like it might do the job, but I
> cannot find docs about the exact syntax for the parameter.  When simply
> providing the Message-id, I get an error popup:
>
>   Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
>   klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''.

The view options seems to only work for messages in files (through all
protocols KIO can handle but still files).

You could try exploring the D-Bus interface using qdbusviewer.

And/Or ask on kdepim-users whether somebody there has additional ideas.

My guess is that this is currently not supported.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring