Kmail problems

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jul 26 18:13:55 BST 2010

On Monday, 2010-07-26, Peter Nikolic wrote:
> Hi .
>
> I have just installed opensuse 11.3   and have a working 11.2 on a second
> drive  .
>
> i need to transfere all my mail  and configurations over to the new 11.3
> install   KDE 4.4.4 release2    Kmail 1.13.5 .
>
> I have imported my actual mails from the old version althou i have to say
> the process does not really do a good job   but how do i get the new kmail
> to read and use the configs from the previous version    , I have too many
> mail accounts  to re do by hand all the time   and too many filters to
> redo by hand there should be a way of importing the settings   ( i would
> have thought with the configs moved over it would use them by default but
> it does not  i have had this problem with kmail for the longest time  and
> it is about time it was fixed .

That sounds very strange. What version of KDE/KMail did you use before?
Unless the distribution change any paths all locations should point to the old
files and not require any importing at all.

The only version which will require some sorts of importing will be KMail2
(from KDEPIM 4.5) but that won't be released anytime soon.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring