put many emails addresseat one time into a Distribution list

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jan 20 23:37:20 GMT 2010

Anne Wilson posted on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:04:55 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Wednesday 20 January 2010 19:48:05 Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
>> I friend sent me an email with all the emails, at my request,of a group
>> I belong to. Is the any way I an put all of them into a Distribution
>> list or must I do it one at a time??
>
> It may depend on the version you are running.  I think that on the
> 4.4RC1 there is no convenient way - probably because distribution lists
> are being re- worked.  Prior to that there definitely was a way - but
> since I'm not running such a version I can't check the details.  I'm
> pretty sure it was available from a right-click menu - but have a
> sneaking suspicion that to get to it you may have to Reply to All, then
> right-click on the To line.

Hmm...  with the build-up to that, I thought you were going to suggest
editing the raw text config file... which presumably is no such thing
once akonadi gets its claws in things (and the functionality is address-
book so it should be 4.4 that it's changing, too).  That's one good thing
about plain text -- or even not too complex XML, it's human-editable if
need be.

But I suppose there's (mysql?) tools such that, if one were desperate
enough, one could use them to bypass akonadi and edit the database
directly.