lost my connection to addressbook

Gracia M. Littauer gracia at yadtel.net
Sun Jan 17 19:41:39 GMT 2010

On Sunday 17 January 2010 05:51:41 am Anne Wilson wrote:

> I've been helping someone else with a similar problem, which prompts me to
> ask -  do you by any chance use a soft-phone?

a what? I have trouble with a hard phone ;^)

> The other user found that he
> had closed down with Twinkle

I had to google Twinkle to know what you were talking about (yah, I guessed
correctly)

> enabled and parked, and that that was
> responsible for corrupting his std.vcf!  Since he has verified this on two
> different machines, it seems to be a genuine problem.

as far as I know nothing was corrupted unless opening kaddressbook in a shell
about 10 times corrected it. My std.vcf seems happy, though <warning: database
/var/lib/slocate/slocate.db' is more than 8 days old>

again thanks for all your help

--
Gracia in Cooleemee, NC- on Zenwalk 6.2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mynameistaken/