Saving view profile setting in konqueror

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 13:56:26 GMT 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 George wrote:

> On 1/15/10, genericmaillists at gmail.com <genericmaillists at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > then clicking save at the bottom of the dialog box that opens it
> > will work if there is not another problem. If it does not work,
> > then you are on your own. If you are _not_ following the above
> > steps _it will not work_.
>
> I've told you like ten times already that it doesn't work so I
>  don't know why you keep saying it. Anyway, thanks for the effort.

Do you want konqueror to open with a different profile and not the
file-management profile, perhaps the midnight-commander profile? If
this is the case, then you need to edit the command in the link that
you use to open konqueror. The Home link is probably defined to open
with the file-management profile.

IIRC, you can have the various konq profiles displayed in the K-menu.
I think you choose that option in kcontrol.

To have konqueror use a specific View mode (details instead of icons)
globally (for all folders), I think that you can set that in
konqueror's Settings - Configure Konqueror.

Jim