KDE 4.3.4 cannot start

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 10 18:22:21 GMT 2010

Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have compiled only following KDE components from sources on Tomahawk
> Desktop (which is based on FreeBSD 7.2):
> Oxygen-Icons-4.3.4
> kdelibs-4.3.4
> KdeLibs-experimental-4.3.4
> KdePimLibs-4.3.4
> kdebase-workspace-4.3.4
> KdeBase-4.3.4
> kdebase-runtime-4.3.4
>
> The startkde cannot start KDE and the plasma-desktop crashes.

Have you made any progress?  If you are still having trouble, I will try
further troubleshooting with you.

Please use KDEHOME=/$HOME/.kde4 with a user account and post the current
error messages.

I have to say that I have not used BSD so there might be some obscure
issue that you might do better asking about on a BSD list (e.g. is there
one for the Tomahawk Desktop).

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch