How to keep Dolphin preloaded?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 9 08:56:40 GMT 2010

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Can you set: LD_PRELOAD="<full path>/dolphinpart.so" in "startkde"?
>>

> Thanks, James, that looks like a good idea. I just opened
> /usr/bin/startkde and I will experiment with that, even though I
> prefer a user-level (non-root) solution. Have a great weekend!

There are other places that you could set it, but it wouldn't be only
for a KDE Session.

For example, you could set it in: $HOME/.xprofile and it would only
apply to that user, but it would apply to any X session, not just KDE.

Or, you could put a script to set it in $KDEHOME/Autostart.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch