SDL+opengl and kwin+desktop effects on

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:27:45 GMT 2010

Hi ppl,

I'm developping an application based on opengl+sdl and I noticed that if
I have desktop effects on, when resizing my sdl window, it run slow and
tends to crash with a segmentation fault. On the other hand, if I turn
off the desktop effects, the sdl app runs faster (that was to be
expected), but does not slow down on resize, and also does not crashes
(no segfault here).

Well, I'm not saying that it's kwins fault, since the segfault happens
in nvidia's libGLcore.so, I was just wondering if I was the only one
noticing this?

Thanks,
Paulo