How to keep Dolphin preloaded?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jan 6 10:12:21 GMT 2010

Dotan Cohen posted on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:46:26 +0200 as excerpted:

> I cannot find the option to keep Dolphin preloaded in memory. Has that
> option disappeared?

AFAIK, that option has never appeared for Dolphin.  Konqueror had, and
still has, that option. (See under "the application formerly known as
kcontrol", service manager, load on demand services.  It's the top entry
here.  It's actually configured in konqueror's config, under
performance.)  But if dolphin has had it, I've never found it.

But if you've the memory, once initially loaded, it'll probably stay
loaded in the system disk cache most of the time anyway, and if you
don't, there's likely other things the memory could be better used for,
so...