kmail html settings

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Jan 3 21:00:17 GMT 2010

Rick Miles posted on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:06:54 +1100 as excerpted:

> I have in the past just sent text emailsusing kmail but recently I have
> tried to forward emails that are html  containing pictures and have only
> been able to come up with text and no accompanying pictures.
>
> Where and what are the settings for forwarding emails? I would like to
> be able to continue using text but be able to forward complete html
> emails from time to time.

What you may want to do is use the "forward as attachment" option,
instead of the "forward inline" option.  At least here, that attaches the
entire thing.  Forwarding inline does that -- the attachments still come
too, but the message itself is forwarded as plain text, at least as I'm
setup here (always only send plain text).

BTW, you hijacked a thread, probably by using reply (on a post of Dotan
Cohen's on the Cannot start Akonadi thread) and then changing the subject
line.  That keeps the same references header from the thread you
hijacked, despite your change of subject, so will appear on clients that
use the references header as intended, on the thread you hijacked.  Just
so you know, that's not considered particularly polite, but a lot of
folks don't realize it works that way on "good" clients, until they are
told, so I'm telling you. =:^)  To get it right, instead of hitting reply
and changing the subject, just use the "new message" functionality.
Depending on your client settings (kmail, for instance, has the ability
to set a particular folder as a mailing list folder, with the address
automatically set appropriately if you start a message while in that
folder... if you then have a filter setup to direct all mail from that
list to that folder, both incoming and outgoing mail to that list are
handled automatically), you may or may not have to type in the list
address manually, but at least you won't be hijacking a different thread
that way.

(This is, BTW, using kmail 1.12.4, part of kde 4.3.4.  You didn't mention
what version you were using, but I /think/ the functionality has been
similar for awhile.)