Cannot start Akonadi

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 3 15:19:20 GMT 2010

On Sunday, 2010-01-03, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I just upgraded to KDE SC 4.4  beta 2 to test Kaddressbook on Kubuntu
> 9.10. However, when I try to open the app I get a list of errors,
> attached is the list. What must I do? Thanks.

The error of Test 4 says that MySQL cannot start because something else
(potentially another instance of itself) is already working with the data
files.

Check if you have any mysql processes (I think on Kubuntu they are called
mysqld-akonadi) running under your user account.

Stop them and then try restarting Akonadi, e.g. akonadictl restart

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring