Embarrassing "systemsettings" question...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 1 11:27:09 GMT 2010

On Friday 01 January 2010 02:46:48 Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> It is an embarrassing question because:
> 1. I read somewhere that the functionality of "KCron" from KDE3.5.* was
> located somewhere in "systemsettings"
> 2. Worse, I have used it from that location on a few occasions, and now I
> can't find it any more...
>
> This came up because of an almost certainly NON-KDE issue: the
> /var/spool/crontab file that contained the commands that I use to back up
>  my system every day have disappeared...  I think THAT would be a question
>  for the Fedora list, though :)
>
> Anyway, just refresh my memory: where is the functionality of KCron now
> located.  And, if it has really disappeared from my system for some reason,
> why, and has it disappeared for anyone else?

There has been much talk about reorganising because people thought that the
layout was unfriendly.  It seems to me that some items have been lost in the
shift.  I agree that kcron seems to have gone (in 4.3.85), and so does user
management, both of which are very important to me.  I'll try to ask around
and find out what's happening.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group