Kmail question

rnr at sanctum.com rnr at sanctum.com
Sat Feb 27 02:22:29 GMT 2010

rnr posted on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:03:06 -0500 as excerpted:

> Running 4.4  Kmail 1.13.0
>
> I have several folders to put incoming mail into folders determined by
> filters. Kmail doesn't open the first unread mail in the folder. I have
> gone through all of the menus several times and I cannot seem to find
> that setting.
>
> Probably just getting blinder everyday. Please remind me.

I didn't recall seeing a setting for that either, but I found it after
being prompted by your question. =:^)

Kmail config, misc category, folders tab, 4th line down:

When entering a folder:

Jump to last selected message

... seems to be the default.  Change that to:

Jump to first unread or new message

... and you should be in business. =:^)