switching of auto-indenting in Kate

Wolfgang Jeltsch fmp0d6sw at acme.softbase.org
Mon Feb 15 20:35:50 GMT 2010

Hello,

I always enjoyed Kate—until auto-indenting was introduced. When I edit Haskell
source code, Kate reindents the current line everytime I hit the space key.
Some indentation decisions are not according to my taste, others are
completely wrong. It suffices to enter an additional empty line to totally
confuse the auto-indenter. Working around this is very cumbersome.

So I’d like to know how I can switch off auto-indenting completely. “Editing →
Indentation → Default indentation mode” is already set to “None”, but this
doesn’t prevent Kate from enforcing its ideas of correct Haskell indentation
upon me. :-(

Best wishes,
Wolfgang