Fwd: Re: Quassel wrapping

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Feb 13 00:51:16 GMT 2010

Anne Wilson posted on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:48:01 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Friday 12 February 2010 18:25:11 genericmaillists at gmail.com wrote:
>> speaking of lists...
>>
>> kde-women ?
>>
>> That is reverse sexism!
>
> Yes, since so few women find a niche in computing.  However, on the
> whole the women associated with KDE don't feel the need to bang the drum
> in quite the same way that women in some other projects do.  I'm not
> subscribed to that particular list, but if certain women find they have
> a common interest not otherwise catered for, why not?  OTOH, I presume
> they would not turn away a man who had similar interests.

The question that occurs to me in such cases is what would be the reaction
if there was a group/list called kde-men?  I believe that would, arguably
justifiably, be considered sexist and offensive.  By extension, kde-women
should be considered equally sexist and offensive.

But that's somebody else's windmill to tilt.