"Adjust Date and Time" does not allow me to save the configuration

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Feb 6 01:49:49 GMT 2010

On 02/06/2010 04:00 AM, Ryan Rix wrote:
> On Fri 5 February 2010 4:02:55 pm Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> Presumably you're running as an ordinary user, and you need to be root to
>>> set the system clock.
>>
>> I have to login to KDE as root?
>
> No, that's what kdesu is for :)
>
> kdesu systemsettings
> set clock
> ???
> Profit!

Right-clicking on the clock is much easier and much more intuitive.
Also, using a terminal and utilizing kdesu to start system settings
requires a user to know the executable name "systemsettings" as well as
the "kdesu" tool.  I suppose this area is one thing* Windows 7 got
right; you simply right-click and select "Run as Administrator".

But maybe PolicyKit will fix those issues.  I'm rebuilding KDE right now.

* Most of the rest is still brain damaged though.