Have KDE send URL to default browser, not tmp file

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 21:10:20 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 19:59, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> The program associated with text/html or set as web browser is probably
> missing the %u or %U parameter in its command.
>
> Without knowing if the target application can handle URLs by itself, KDE
> assumes a safe fallback and passes the fetched content as a file.
>
> By default the text/html is set to Konqueror with the following command:
> kfmclient openURL %u text/html
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. The problem is solved, but I fear that it is tenuous.

I added the %u argument, then kde-open would complain that it could
not find the path to my script (a wrapper for Firefox). So I removed
the %u and now the pages open as I had wanted: with the URL, not a tmp
file. Strange.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il