File transfer stuck

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 19:42:10 GMT 2010

Often I notice that file transfers between machines get "stuck" when
transfering with Dolphin. This is nothing new, I've noticed this since
the KDE 3 days, on many different machines. For instance, at this
moment I have two large (>1GB each) folders that I am transfering over
the LAN to another computer. They both were transfering fine, but
suddenly one has it's speed stuck on 0 KiB/s for quite some time. Both
"threads" are transfering from the same local computer to the same
remote computer on the LAN. There are no out-of-disk error or the
like.

What could be the cause of this, and other than stopping and
restarting the transfer, what can I do? This is Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE
4.6, but I've experienced this issue on Fedora as well, and on every
version for the past few years.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen