KDE 4.5 libraries problem with Skype

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:48:54 BST 2010

I have installed Fedora 13 Goddard x86_64 in my machine and I've updated to
KDE 4.5, in order to run Skype I installed some 32 bit Qt libraries and
when I installed the new KDE desktop I had to remove them because KDE 4.4
uses the "1:4.6" version of these libraries and KDE 4.5 the "1:4.7"...
Now I have KDE 4.5 and everything is fine but I can't run lastest Skype
because it needs the "1:4.6" Qt libraries, it doesn't work with the new
ones, but if I remove the new ones and I replace them with
the older ones, many apps seem to be "downgraded" or they just don't work
anymore...
Does this mean we're not having Skype in any KDE Linux distro of 64 bit with
the new KDE 4.5 installed?

Many users need skype (in my case I'm running it in a Windows 7 VM) But
without it we can't offer a reliable service to the Linux User who uses
Skype...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6