OT: what's happened to kde community forums?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:43:03 BST 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010 04:17:35 Bud Rogers wrote:
> Sorry to bother the
list, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's
> happening with KDE
Community Forums.

> I checked in OK first thing this morning, but when I
selected show new
> posts I got stuff from back in February.  Checking back
a little later the
> index page itself was wonky.  Then for most of the day
I've been seeing
> "can't connect to web server" errors.
>
> Are they
having server problems, or is something else going on?

> Note: I'm not
currently subscribed to this list, but I'll keep an eye on
> the archives
for any responses.

Yes, a major hardware failure.  The forums (and other
KDE areas) had to be moved to new hardware, and the databases restored.
This often leads to oddities like old messages showing up as new.  All
should be back to normal now.  I'm not sure why you were still seeing
connection problems this morning, unless more repair work had been found to
be necessary.  I've been out all day, but I can certainly connect
now.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group