Taskbar, systray and taskbar on the side problems

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:48:43 BST 2010

Just let me know how I can help and I'd be glad too.

> Side bar proportions and editing of task bars are really awkward at
> best. Given up on having a side bar and just have a top and bottom
> bar. The applets are so badly distorted on the sidebar that things
> like a calendar cannot be read.  I'd love to move very uncommonly used
> items like netorking over to secondary task bars but it just
> duplicates them not removes them. If I remove them from the primary
> task bar they go away on ALL taskbars. I use the networking icon maybe
> twice a year. It's however handy to have on a secondary task bar since
> the ifup and ifdown commands no longer work on so many distros. Having
> it required for the main taskbar makes no sense. Why would it remove
> it from other taskbars if I remove it from the main task bar?

Thank you, I know that this is a mess! I will talk about this.
Additionally, if you want to help fix this issue then please start a
new thread on the subject and CC me. There are open bug reports and
your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!