KDE 4: the good, the bad and the broken

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Apr 29 08:39:10 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-04-27, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I am performing a lecture for my LUG on KDE 4: the good, the bad and
> the broken. These are my current topics, I would like to solicit ideas
> for further good, bad, and broken aspects of KDE 4:
>
> The Good
> Okular, Konqueror, Dolphin, Kate
> I need ideas about what is exceptionally good about Plasma. I like
> Krunner and Lancelot. Anything else?

I personally like the Folder View concept in Plasma, i.e. having more than one
folder's contents available for quick access.
I found that I had simulated that before by creating symlinks to folders into
the Desktop folder, but having the contents visible nicely grouped in a
certain area is way more convenient.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring