Plasma workspace error

lafeber-dumoleyn2 lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Mon Apr 26 14:51:11 BST 2010

Since the last update of Kubuntu I get an error with Plasma workspace
KDE DRKonqi Kdeinit4 PID 1478 signal: segmentation fault. The desktop is
completely black.
Via Google I found a solution on a forum: rename .kde4 folder. But I
cannot find a .kde folder. There is a folder with the name kde4 in /etc
and /usr, but not .kde4.
I can open any program I know the name of with Alt+F2, but I cannot
reach them through Start (which does not show).
When I start Kubuntu in Recovery mode the prompt is root at myPCname. When
I type Rename .kde4 kde4Bup I get an error message.
Can anyone help me out?
Hannie