kmail does not find any kaddressbook entries

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 15:57:09 BST 2010

I'm settings up KDE 4.4.2 on Fedora 12.

I have exported my Contacts from Thunderbird in LDIF format
and imported them into kaddressbook as "Personal Contacts".

When I create a new email in kmail I do not get presented with
any entries from the address book. Using Select... and using the
Search: field also fails to list anything from my address book.

kmail is use Address book: "Default Address Book". I cannot
find how the "Default Address Book" relates to kaddressbook.

What have I failed to setup please?

Barry