gparted alternative

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Apr 15 07:04:36 BST 2010

Madhurya Kakati posted on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:08:19 +0530 as excerpted:

> is there a gparted alternative for kde?

KDE Partition Manager (partitionman):

http://partitionman.sourceforge.net/

Like gparted it's gnu parted based, but the UI is kde4 based.  The latest
version is 1.0.1, released Jan 9, 2010.  There's 32-bit and 64-bit x86
packages for *buntu, OpenSuSE, Mandriva, and Fedora linked at sourceforge,
along with the sources tarball.  (I run Gentoo here; there's an ebuild in
the tree for it, the way I found it, using esearch.)  Additionally,
there's a LiveCD ISO available that you can apparently burn and then boot
directly.

Or if you're still running kde3, lookup qt-parted.