klipper gone from panel - how can I re-add it?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 6 16:29:58 BST 2010

Am 06.04.2010 17:21, Krenar Qehaja wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:01:33 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> I don't see klipper in tray: if it's not a bug, what then? A feature?
>
> Try to remove klipper's user-space files:
>
> Quit klipper ->  killall klipper
> rm -rf .kde/share/apps/klipper
> rm -rf .kde/share/config/klipperrc
> Start klipper ->  klipper
>
> And tell us if there is any change.

I tried that already, but it doesn't change anything (the only
difference is that my KDE4 keeps settings in .kde4).

What's interesting, a newly created user account:
- does show klipper,
- exiting klipper, starting it from konsole makes it appear in tray

I tried copying klippre config files from the new account (and changed
file ownership), but it also doesn't bring anything.

So I wonder what's screwed with my KDE4 settings that prevents klipper
from showing up. And how to fix it without removing the whole .kde*
directory.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org