Strange display in KMail of HTML mail.

phillips88 at gmail.com phillips88 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:45:45 BST 2010

KMail 1.13.1; KDE 4.4.1

I received an email which displayed as follows:-

ÿþ    < H T M L >
 < H E A D > < T I T L E > I t i n e r a r y < / T I T L E > < / H E A D >
     < B O D Y   S T Y L E = " f o n t - f a m i l y : T a h o m a ,
 A r i a l , s a n s - s e r i f ; f o n t -
s i z e : 1 0 p t ; b a c k g r o u n d - c o l o r : w h i t e " >
 < S P A N >         < S P A N
 S T Y L E = " d i s p l a y : i n l i n e " >     < T A B L E
 s t y l e = " d i s p l a y : i n l i n e ; "
 C E L L S P A C I N G = " 0 " >     < T R >     < T D > R e c o r d
 L o c a t o r : < / T D >     < T D >     < B >     K R 8 R N 4 < / B >
 < / T D >     < / T R >     < / T A B L E >     < / S P A N >     < H R
 / >     < S P A N   c l a s s = " n a m e L 1 "   i d = " n a m e a " >
 < S P A N   s t y l e = " f o n t - s i z e : 1 2 p t ; f o n t -
w e i g h t : b o l d " >     < I M G   A L T = " N a m e s "
 S R C = " h t t p : / / s u p p o r t . g a l i l e o . c o m / e x t e r n a l / v i e w p o i n t / a r t w o r k / n a m e s . g i f "
 A L I G N = " a b s m i d d l e "   / >           N a m e s < B R   / >
 < / S P A N >     < S P A N   c l a s s = " n a m e L 2 "

etc. etc.

I also received the same email at work in Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP3;
which displayed as an HTML email;  actually a flight itinerary.

How can I correctly view this email in KMail?

All other HTML mails seem to render fine.

Thanks!
--
Regards,

John Phillips
Fashion Fair Pty Ltd (and associated companies) Established 1981
PO Box 274, 2 Mark Street, Lidcombe 1825 Australia www.fashionfair.com.au
+61 2 9749 1933 Fax +61 2 9749 2727

This copyright email together with any attachments is confidential and intended
for the addressee only. If this email has been sent to you by mistake please
inform us by reply email and then delete the email, destroy any printed copy
and do not disclose or use the information in it. Fashion Fair makes no
warranty that this email is error or virus free.