Konqueror thinks ftp:// links are smb://

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Sep 30 17:16:05 BST 2009

Anne Wilson posted on Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:55:32 +0100 as excerpted:

> There must be something really screwy about your setup.  I've tried
> http://arts.ucsc.edu/faculty/cope/mp3page.htm in both konqueror and
> firefox. In both cases, on clicking a link I see something like
> 'beginning ftp transaction' then a login page comes up.  Looks perfectly
> OK to me.

Did you read the bug?  Do you have a proxy (not ftp proxy, web proxy
only) configured?

IOW, I didn't know what the problem was when I started the post, but I
did when I finished, as I had read the bug.  But /samba/ of /all/ things,
for /ftp/?  That's just /strange/!