kmail cannot verify authenticity of email server

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 29 07:46:46 BST 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-09-29, Richard Dawson wrote:
> Suddenly kmail is unable to verifiy authenticity of my ISP's email server,
> neither sending nor receiving. When I attempt to receive mail I get a
>  message, "The server failed authenticity check
>  (ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net.). The certificate cannot be verified for
>  internal reasons."

This seems to be a bug in the SSL certificate handling, not directly related
to any applicaton using SSL based connections [1].

It might be a regression introduced somewhere in the KDE 4.3 series, i.e. I
don't remember it happened when using 4.2.x

Which version of KDE are you using, on which distribution?

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] I have seen this happen in Konqueror and Kopete as well
KDE user support, developer mentoring