kde4 browser roadmap

Aljosa Mohorovic aljosa.mohorovic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:48:37 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> Umm... you know that the webkit that both chrome and safari use as their
> rendering engine, as well as now qt4 itself, is a fork from kde's own
> khtml, right?

i'm mostly into web development so i'm quite familiar with browser
rendering engines and although webkit is based on khtml it is also
more feature rich, actively developed and used by chrome and safari.
my point here is "used by chrome and safari" because user experience
is very different although rendering engine is webkit.

so, to answer my question - there is no roadmap for kde4 default
browser and there doesn't seem to be any people doing any active
development compared to other modern browsers.

also, please note that i've been devoted kde user for years now and
i'm not trying to start a negative/disruptive discussion.
i'm only trying to start an active, constructive discussion about
possible browser options for kde since i think it's important.

Aljosa