SSL/TLS-configuration in KDE 4.3

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 13:12:26 BST 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009 12:36:56 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2009-09-04, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 04 September 2009 11:31:38 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > I'll have to find a new email client (was

> > > Yes, it is in extragear. Basically the first application to make heavy
> > > use of Akonadi.
> >
> > I'm curious - is there any problem with using mailody and kmail on the
> > same system?
>
> No, especially not if you make sure Mailody/Akonadi does not access (or
> readonly) KMails mail storage.
>
> Once both are using Akonadi one can use both simultantiously or
> interchangably as one wishes.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I hope kmail will retain it's filters hopefully made a little more flexible
and still easy to use. For "home" users it really is the best and easiest way
of dealing with spam especially when the "is in address book" is used. There
are some anomalies though. The actual email address is used to check
addresses that are placed in the address book. It would be best to use the
stuff outside the < > as well or at least offer the option or better still to
offer choice especially in the filters.

:) I've heard the "not really intended to do that" on this subject several
times but it's a fact that it can filter out and extraordinary amount of spam
and more importantly handle all good mail effectively. Basian filters etc are
more or less useless.

Dare I mention how it's impossible to add to the address book once kwallet has
been activated without editing files. It doesn't unlock them when it exits.
Hope this aspect and it's need is taken care of as well. I'm also concerned
about the fact that there is clearly a back door into the system. OK I'm
still on 3. whatever but one would hope these factors will allready have been
taken care of in 4. Which comes 1st users or authors on ego trips on green
field projects who in a few years will no doubt be lusting for version 5.

John