Can't move Icons in top panel, KDE 4.3.1

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:25:28 BST 2009

This is on openSUSE 11.1 (32 bit) & having just upgraded to KDE 4.3.1
(http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Upgrade) yesterday. I can't move the any
of icons (Digital Clock, Switcher, Yast, Termina, Calculator)  in the
top panel on to the right of the top panel. On unlocking the top
panel, I can click and move the icons over to the right end of the
panel, but they immediately come back to the extreme left of the panel
on releasing the left mouse button.  This happens only for the top
panel, not the main (bottom) one.

Also, I can't find the <Spacer> widget/plasmoid/applet (it should be
called 'plasmoid' in KDE 4.x, right ?), anywhere in the list of
widgets/plasmoids.

My (top) panel prefs are: 'Centered', 'Always Visible'.

Pl let me know if you need screengrab images and I can provide them.

Thanks,

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 | openSUSE 11.1, Ubuntu 9.04  (i686) w/ Windows XP