Man pages in dolphin or konqueror

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 31 16:43:06 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have been in the habit of reading man pages in konqueror when I need
> to study them, as the formatting makes it easier on the eye. I haven't
> been able to since we moved to KDE4. Is this something still missing
> from the konq-extras, or do I have something wrong?
>
> Typing 'man:yum'

Doesn't that need a "/".  Well, actually, it seems to work without it.

tells me that it can't find any man page for yum, yet
> using the cli it works perfectly.

Where are you using the command line?  In Konsole or in a VT?

Obviously, you can't read man pages in Dolphin because it isn't a
browser.  If you try to open a man page pseudo-URL in Dolphin, it will
be opened in Konqueror.

I presume that you are opening the man pages in Konsole and that works.
  This is strange. :-|  However, it must have something to do with how
the environment variable: "MANPATH" is set -- the MANPATHs set in
"/etc/man.config" are not going to be changed.

You can add the needed MANPATH to "/etc/man.config" and it should fix
the problem.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch