KDE4 Control Center confusing

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:58:41 GMT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM,  <genericmaillists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I was trying to create a new
> option to open with Amarok last night but was getting errors.
>
> I am running kde 4.3.2
>
> I was trying to create the new option to be set up like the one that
> is already there for KsCD but it would not work. While I was typing
> this I tried this:
> I edited the KsCD option by changing the icon, the name, and the
> command line choice and it worked.
>
> Now I need to see if I can get the open with file manager changed.

Scratch that I was able to make the edit change in the dialog box but
even after a re-boot the old KsCD option is still there and not the
edited one. Making changes or additions from the kde control center
seems to do absolutely nothing. That is probably why the new option I
was trying to create first would not take. I am beginning to hate this
new kde. I had no problem doing what I wanted when I was in kde3.5.